You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slow down on 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9

Hi all,

I'm seeing some sluggishness with my iPad Pro 12.9 (first gen) when it comes to processing images. Everything gets affected - toggling layer visibility, selecting tools, making selections, etc. I have 5 pixel layers, 3 masks, and 6 adjustment layers on the image - pretty standard I think.

Is it just inherent to the iPad Pro first gen power? Would the second gen improve this greatly? Or are there some performance optimizations still needed for AP on iPad? Restarting the app seemed to help, but I worry I'll run into it again the deeper I get into editing. Could it be due to auto-saving?

Cheers!

I think this is not an issue, in my cases it happened only with heavy projects, I mean 21mil pixel with several layers and masks. This is an ipad with 4gbram, the most powerfull ( first gen.)  But we can not expect from software that works like a desktop with 16gb RAM.

Many people work without this awareness; I would have limited compatibility only to ipad pro; And in any case 2GB of ram (all ipads except 12) are too few to work on heavy projects.

I have an iPad Pro 12.9" (first gen) 128 GB. I have no problems. To import raw-files can take some time, but that's in the same manner like on my desktop. Otherwise the iPad is fast enough. Even the app LumaFusion (video editing) makes no problems.

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

• 5 months later...

My iPad Pro 12.9 first gen has the same problem. But it is only down to the fact that I am editing 34mpx photos and using many layers etc. In average I am working with files 600MB. So no surprise that iPad will be sweating little bit. And don’t forget iPad Pro is not mac book pro (even though Apple is trying to say that you don’t need anything else). Overall I think iPad and affinity deserve a big respect.