You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color correction for old faded photos

Hi sanoy

It is possible to recolour a photo but I do not think the instructions from the link you provided will help you with this task, I have put a short description of what to do to recolour a photo, I would try this out on a picture to get used to the way this works.

To recolour an image first select the selections persona, select the tool you wish to use I selected the smart selection brush, select the area on the photo.

To recolour select the adjustment studio on the right hand tool bar (square with three dots).
Scroll down and select recolour.
The adjustments are on the context tool bar at the bottom.
To deslect the selection you have made so that you can select another area make sure you are on the Selections person, touch the commands menu, touch deselect.

Hi jhoy, this is only good if the color that you want to recolor are solid. but what if for example the shirt is checkered or strips design or multi color graffiti background. you have to do it painstakingly in Recolour adjustment.

i'm hoping if there is an easier way.

Hi sanoy

I am afraid not, I have been recolouring old black and white pictures for some time now and it does take a lot of time to get a good outcome but it is worth it when you see the finished photo.

Hi Jhoy, that's I've been doing too.

doing it manually is fun, when it's a hobby. otherwise whew!

anyway, thanks for your reply. I just hope in future enhancement of Affinity photo for iPad will include better way to Re-color a photo.

Affinity photo for iPad is the best thing that ever happened to my iPad Pro..  :D

Another chance:

Make a selection (for example of a dress), then duplicate it. Then deselect the selection. Go to the duplicate. With the magic wand (I do’nt know the exact name, in German: „Werkzeug für das Auswählen von Bereichen“) select the colour you want to alter. Then go to the adjustment studio, select for example "HSL" or "recolour" and alter the colour.

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English