You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity ios and desktop compatibility

Hi all,

I've created a doc in ios, and saved to cloud as .afphoto. I've just tried to open it on my desktop, but it's giving me an error saying it failed to open document because it contains features from a later version of AP. I get that there's a beta for 1.6, but I didn't want to have to have a beta copy on my computer (potentially conflicting with the mac app store 1.5 version)... has anyone else run into this problem and is there a way around it? Surely it would have made sense to ensure the features of ios were compatible with the current live version of desktop AP.

Thanks,

Jenn

• Staff

Hi Jenn,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There a beta available here for desktop so you can open files created in the iPad version. The Beta and the MAS (Mac App Store version) are totally independent so you can have both installed simultaneously without conflicts. The desktop version (MAS) should receive an update soon to fix this.

Thanks, MEB. Managed to download it in the end and did the edits I needed... good to know I won't get any conflict issues with the MAS version. The beta's quite buggy and it was frustrating to lose my viginette layer because of the grid it adds (already seen this has been logged as a bug... I hoped it wouldn't be there on export to jpeg, but it was worse), and it seems to run a lot harder on my computer -- fans going the whole time. Oh well, at least I've got the work done! Thanks, Jenn