TheLostVertex

Focus Merge Misalignment

I have not got a chance to do much testing with focus merge because of the difficulty of adding images. But I have ran a few partial stacks and have noticed the image alignment is different between the iPad version and OSX version of AP.

Example "Spider1" were imported from the cloud, both using the same images. The differences may look small, but I began to suspect this issue when I had done a previous test...

Example "PartialStack" shows gross misalignment on the iPad version. These images were stacked via the iPhoto library and synced via itunes. I came to realize that itunes automatically resizes the images that it transfers. Therefore, the OSX stack was done with 6000px wide images, and the iPad version with 4000px wide images. I reran the focus merge in OSX with 4000px wide images and the the result was still correct. 

I have done two other small tests, and the iPad and OSX versions all show a slight difference in alignment.

-Steve

Edit:Oh great, the attachments show up in a different order than they were uploaded. Maybe consider than a bug for your forum admin too? ;)

post-35970-0-70158100-1497803332_thumb.jpg

post-35970-0-63551400-1497803341_thumb.jpg

post-35970-0-14560000-1497803517_thumb.jpg

post-35970-0-59031500-1497803529_thumb.jpg

Hi Steve

I've tried a couple of different focus merges on both the iPad and Mac and the results are pretty much the same for me. Are you able to provide any file that show the differences in the merges?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com