You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export affinity file to pc

Really liking the iPad version but I am struggling with one thing. I have affinity photo on my pc, how do I export the file I have been working on to my pc without converting the file to jpeg, png etc. I want to be able to continue editing on my pc after I have done initial edits on iPad.

Thanks for any help.

• Staff

Hi Madas,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently the only way to save your work in .afphoto format is to saving a copy of the document to iCloud Drive or other cloud service you might be using. To do it tap the document icon on the top of the interface and select Save A Copy. You can then access the file on your PC/Mac browsing to the same folder where you saved it.

I've moved this thread to the iPad Questions & Feedback section.

• 2 months later...

There's a great iOS app called Transmit. Transmit can connect through FTP or WebDAV to any file on a PC. In AP, when you load or save a photo (jpg or .aphoto) to cloud, Transmit appears in Locations (top left of Cloud files).

All this means you can edit photos that are on a PC directly in iOS AP. As if they were stored locally on your iPad. 

Stan