You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import brushes from desktop softwares

First thanks a lot for this amazing app for my iPad pro! That give a big level up for the iPad.

After playing a bit with affinity photo on my iPad, I want to know if it's possible to import my photoshop brushes and my ClipStudioPaint brushes on Affinity Photo on my iPad ?

Thanks you

• Staff

Hi LmxL,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Photo for iPad is able to import .abr brushes. Open the Brushes Studio, tap the small menu icon (three lines inside a square) on the top of the Studio and select Import Brushes.... You can then select the file from iCloud Drive or other cloud service you might be using.

Hi, 

Thank you to your quick answer.

But when I try what you tell me I cant select my .abr file. The file is grey like "not support files, cannot be selected" style.

For information the file is on my iCloud Drive.

• Staff

Hi LmxL,

Thanks for the file.

What do you mean with it's greyed out? It's icon is just a question mark in the iCloud Drive screen but the file (and file name) shouldn't appear greyed out. I have imported your file both in Affinity Photo for macOS and iOS successfully here (it takes some time to import because it's a large file with several brushes but imports correctly). I've uploaded it to the root of the iCloud Drive folder (but that shouldn't matter). Any chance you a post a screenshot of what you are seeing? Are you able to import other (smaller) abr files?

• 1 month later...

I've just got an iPad Pro and it's amazing to have Photo running on it. A huge thanks to the whole Serif team!

I downloaded the free DUAB brush set directly from my iPad, and saved it to iCloud Drive, but the file is in .zip format so it won't import directly into Photo. It would be very cool if Photo could detect it's a .zip file and have a look at the files inside to see if could import something, as this would mean no computer is needed to unzip the files :) 

• 8 months later...

Hi, what's up with Affinity. Yes it does import .abr brushes but as far as I can tell it loads .abr without any of their settings. After spending much time I still can't get the brushes to behave like they did in Photoshop. :( Affinity has brush settings with different names and functions so I've found it virtually impossible to get an .abr to work (look or paint) in Affinity like it did in Photoshop.

Is there a way to import Photoshop .abr with their settings so they paint/react the same way in Affinity as they do in Photoshop?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I’m having the same issue importing photoshop brushes into AP on iPad Pro. I just bought this program to get away from monthly money sink in PS2018. When importing the brushes PS brushes do not behave the same way at all settings and all. When painting with one it comes out like pattern/textile brush with no dynamics at all. If there is a solution to have the same settings I would love to know please. Otherwise I love this app so far