You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Real Perspetive Mockup with AD

Hi, it's me, wavef again.

I've made a Real-Perspetive (not shear things) mockup in AD and you can see the demo in the gif below ( ad source file provided ).

it's a unreleased and unstable function in AD, maybe crash your app, damage your un-saved files, blow up your computer~ I don't know.

And you may notice "Mockup-3" in the demo has some render issus and it also bring that problem to the exported bitmap, that's why it's unreleased.

Keep in mind DO NOT copy and paste anything from this file to your working project !!!

[ GIF Preview ]

post-31869-0-52302400-1497791544_thumb.gif

[ Download .afdesign source file ]

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-kA5GV7MxICMWZyT3hSalF3UUE

Interesting, it seems that no one cares about perspetive in AD, 24 hour got 0 view  :( 

maybe AP users more than AD users here?

no idea, I think this is the coolest thing I've found.

so I decide to cancel source file sharing after next 24 hour - to make it great again :D

it was made in AP right ? Then opened in AD?

In that case it is not a real perspective in AD

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

So this:

it's a unreleased and unstable function in AD, maybe crash your app, damage your un-saved files, blow up your computer~ I don't know.

Is not realy true

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Yep total bullshit ^^

@MEB tells the truth and I thinks this is the unreleased  function in AD, because I don't think affinity team will design two different ways to do the perspective action right? but maybe they will... who knows :D

ps. Cancel source file sharing is a bullshit totally ;)

• 8 months later...

Hi @WaveF

I was actually looking for such a functionality. Thanks for sharing this technique with us. Have you round tripped from Affinity Designer and then into Affinity Photo,as Affinity Photo does not have the art board feature,but does open designer files. Have you used the External Source file linking feature,so that source files are also changed while making changes in the mockup?.

This to me is one of the coolest things about the Affinity Apps. In Designer I can set up Artboards and then open them up in Photo. Say I want to do a bunch of backgrounds for an animation, I can set up say 3 or 4 artboards and then use the vector tools in Designer to block out quick shapes/forms. I can go into the Pixel Persona and then use bitmap tools to build them up more. At some point, yeah, you would like to have some of the Live Filters that are in Photo. You could save the file and then open Photo and continue working with all of the tools that it provides. 

But just as Photo can read and work with the Artboards that Designer creates, so can Designer read and work with the Live Filters made with Photo. So, I have taken my favorite Live Filters from Photo and put them in a blank document. In the Layers panels you just see nothing but the Live Filters. In Designer I open this file and then am able to just copy the Live Halftone Filter for example and paste it into the current document that I happen to be working on. This to me is the fastest most convenient way, but you can actually copy a Live Filter from the Layers Panel in Photo, then go to Designer and paste.

I love being able to see just how far I can take something bitmap-wise, within Designer, before having to finish it off in Photo.

Here is a quick example of what I am talking about. Here are two vector Cogs shapes with three Affinity Photo Live Filters applied within Designer by copying and pasting from my Live Filters cheat sheet.

5a9d785cd6206_ScreenShot2018-03-05at12_00_06PM.thumb.png.856229153d38e6d59badb4563b3fbdb1.png

I don't really find anything haphazard, or dangerous using the two apps in this manner. I am quite amazed that it works so well. If you aren't playing with this flexibility, aren't exploring, well, you don't know what you are missing!

• 6 months later...
On 6/19/2017 at 9:18 AM, WaveF said:

Interesting, it seems that no one cares about perspetive in AD, 24 hour got 0 view  :( 

maybe AP users more than AD users here?

no idea, I think this is the coolest thing I've found.

so I decide to cancel source file sharing after next 24 hour - to make it great again :D

I think it's more about when people move across or purchase A.D. and then start looking for solutions to stuff that you can readily find on the web for photoshop. I've only had A.D. 2 months so still very much learning the basics. However, I am pushing myself to learn more to replace P.S. and this is a great example of how people who are accomplished at A.D. can help others move away from other programs... So THANKS! I wish we had a section where people could leave solutions like these for the rest of us just starting out. :-)

• 2 weeks later...