mikeeyes

Cannot import .orf files from cloud

I have tried importing Olympus RAW (.ORF) files to develop. I can see the file information at the top of the screen, but the work area is black. I have tried multiple files from Resilio Sync, Dropbox, and OneDrive. What am I missing?

I can work with these files using Affinity Photo on my MacBook Pro.

Hi mikeeyes

We rely on the iOS native compatibility of what can be opened, saying that i have been able to open orf file without too much issue. Are you able to provide an example of an image that is opening black for you?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I tried to upload a file that I am having trouble with. However, I get the following error, "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file." Seems like the forums don't like these files either. ;) The file is 15.3 MB in size.

On Affinity for iPad, the metadata shows up at the top with no document in the work area. By the way, this is on an iPad Pro 10.5".

I've just posted a somewhat similar bug that stops me opening ORF files from Google Drive but in my case I can't open the file at all. It appears greyed out in the file picker.

I’m having the same problem with .ORF files on the new 10.5” iPad and iOS11 running Affinity 1.65.  Reminds me of older Photoshop  CS versions that wouldn’t support .ORF files. In that case, it took Adobe a couple three years to get it fixed. Here’s hoping Affinity works faster, I want to get away from Adobe and being chained to the desktop.