JFK

Correcting mistakes, backing out of adjustments

I am having a difficult time "going backwards".  I don't always seem to be able to use the (. < undo)  command - sometimes it doesn't have any effect.  How can I de-select individual edits and/or delete a line in the history index?

Photo or Designer ?

In Photo, there is the History panel. 

You can click on each step to backtrack precisely or drag the slider. I think Designer is the same?

post-59234-0-59316500-1497738120_thumb.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

The history panel is the same in both AP and AD. Since I am very mistaike pron I keep mine open all the time. It's a real lifesaver. Especially while learning the app.

How can I de-select individual edits and/or delete a line in the history index?

You can use the History panel to step back to any previous document state but you can't pick & choose individual lines to deselect/delete. That is because anything a step does could be dependent on the existence of one or more earlier ones.

For example, say that the 5th step creates a new layer, & the 9th, 12th, & 23rd steps change something on that layer. If you could delete step 5, there would be no layer for those later steps to do anything on.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

I am very mistaike pron

rotfl.gif

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)