Sign in to follow this  
Gear maker

Trouble resizing shapes

I figured Matt didn't have much to do so here's another one. :D  I created a new document in beta 1.0.21861.  Then just created a triangle shape, using the triangle shape tool.  Then typed V to put it in move.  Grabbed the top center handle to resize and all heck breaks out.  See attached.

I've had it happen with the star also.  Sometimes when the long number is displayed the shape disappears.  Other times the bottom 3 handles are at the top edge of my screen.

It won't let me do a screen capture as any keystroke stops the problem.  This may have to do with the crashing I had turned in.  Once so far it did crash when playing with it.  Report sent to Apple.

The new document was Type: Print, 17 x 11 300 dpi. (I tried 111 dpi and had the same issue).  Yosemite 27" iMac late 2009.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Hey Gear maker,

That looks a bit nasty, but I'm having a bit of trouble re-creating this one. Just to make sure this isn't associated with your other crash, would you be able to run up the app whilst holding ctrl, clear all the options then give it another go and see if it still happens for you?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Chris, the reset of all options in startup took care of this issue and the other crashes I was having.  Phew!  Glad I have made a movie of it or you would have thought I was crazy.  Now I wish I had only cleared one item at a time so we would have an idea which was causing all this.  Thank you I had gone back to MAS because I wasn't getting anything done with all the crashes.  Please make sure Matt knows, seeing as he's looking at my other crashing issue.  Which also is gone.

That looked crazy!?! I'm also really glad you got a video of it... not that I would've thought you'd gone mad or anything, of course... ;)

Well, I'll have a look at that too! :)

He's coming to take me away ha haaa ho ho hee hee, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time.  And I'll be happy to see those Matt and Chris in their clean white coats... :o   Matt I've said you can fix anything, but THAT might be out of your league!

I've learnt a valuable lesson, make sure I get a video when the program starts acting strange and then do a reset.

Thanks again guys.

Mike