erwin67

Can't import Canon raw images from photo library with 1.6.2

I just tried importing a raw file from the Photo Library with 1.6.2 and unfortunately it doesn't work. Running on 10.5 inch iPad Pro. Raw image originated on a Canon 70D camera.

Hope it gets fixed soon, I bought Affinity to process raw images on my iPad. Error message is in the attachment.

post-62486-0-49222900-1497687085_thumb.png

I just tried importing a raw file from the Photo Library with 1.6.2 and unfortunately it doesn't work. Running on 10.5 inch iPad Pro. Raw image originated on a Canon 70D camera.

Hope it gets fixed soon, I bought Affinity to process raw images on my iPad. Error message is in the attachment.

Can you try viewing the photo in the Photo Apps first and then try loading it in Photos again?

I have the exact same problem with an identical error message. In my case it is Olympus RAW and happens with every RAW file I try to import from Apple Photo into Affinity. I tried opened it in Apple Photo first, which works fine. Affinity shows the exact same problem every time, not matter wether I opened it in Apple Photo first or not.

I imported RAW files from our Canon EOS D60 yesterday, without no problem...

iPad Pro/2 12.9" on iOS 10.32...

Try resetting this setting to see if it helps:

- Go to iPad 'Settings'

- In the left panel select 'Photos & Camera'

- In the right panel select 'Optimise iPad Storage'

- In the right panel select 'Download and Keep Originals'

Try importing your RAW photo in Affinity Photo again.

Apparently something magical has happened, as importing now seems to work on al pictures I try. The only difference with my previous attempt seems to be that the pictures have now synced with iCloud and are also visible on my other devices now. (Internet is a bit slow here, syncing takes a day or two if I shot a large number of photo's)

Can you try viewing the photo in the Photo Apps first and then try loading it in Photos again?

It seems to work now, see my post #6.