Wetterhoun

Bad Canon 80D RAW with Sigma 18-35mm

Since the recent update I can import RAW files. Thanks for that! :)

The Canon 80D RAW photos I tested with Affinity Photo for iPad that I shot with the 55-250mm STM are of high quality. The Canon 80D RAW photos taken with the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 lens are of very poor quality when opened in Affinity Photo on my iPad Pro 12.9". See enclosed example. The colors are wrong, there is a lot of yellow in the highlights.

Is this a bug?

post-61432-0-08450800-1497677128_thumb.jpg

sample RAW file along with a JPG that is closer to the colours

+1

Have you tried to fix the image with the development parameters? Maybe AP don't read well basic RAW parameters of your camera but you should be able to fix it. It depends on your post production skills

+1

Have you tried to fix the image with the development parameters? Maybe AP don't read well basic RAW parameters of your camera but you should be able to fix it. It depends on your post production skills

Yep. I can't get it to look properly whatever I do. Like I said, with the Canon 55-250 STM everything is fine. But all my Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art RAW photos taken with my Canon 80D look corrupted like in the first post.

Thanks for the JPG,

Use this link to upload it to our internal Dropbox account and we'll take a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/GObiWRUjllfKGlcPgF7K

Thanks! Uploaded the RAW file example.

I can confirm that RAW photos taken with my Canon 80D and the 50mm f/1.8 STM are perfectly fine. :)

So far the color corruption only seems to be happening with my Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 lens. :(