Taluyaq

[solved] Layer thumbnails produce irritating ghost artifacts

During construction of a transparent-vignetted picture I stumbled upon misleading depictions of the layer thumbnails. They show border artifacts which aren't really there (white lines along the borders). At least I cannot detect any pixel leftovers while examining the image on another background. And if they were there this would be a bug because I inverted a selection to get rid of the outer rim and the border pixels should have been fully included by this operation. See attachment for clarification.

post-61735-0-00037400-1497676757_thumb.png

It's done. Thanks for getting back to me on that issue and sorry for the delay. I am only able to check the forum every couple of days …

Hi Taluyaq,

Thanks for sending the file. Those areas are on your pixel layers, but they currently sit outside the canvas area. so cannot be seen. This is not a bug because:

If you use the erase brush and erase then areas outside the canvas that have pixel information get erased.

If you use Select All and erase it will select the canvas region (as indicated by the marquee), so you will get left with areas outside of the canvas. It is not possible to make pixel selections outside of the canvas.

Hi Sean,

thanks a lot for getting that sorted for me. Now that I know it seems so obvious and I should have realized it—sorry for bothering you.