You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I want synchronization of many photo's WB.

How can I make the properties ( white balance and etc.) of two files the same?

When you have made your adjustments to one image, you have an option to "Add Preset" in the slider box. That will save all the settings you just made. It asks you for a name as you save it.

When you load a new image and click on the relevant adjustment panel in the Studio, your "preset" will be shown. I called it "my preset". Click on that and it will apply all your settings to that image.

post-59234-0-88782200-1497675089_thumb.jpg

post-59234-0-55239600-1497675097_thumb.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

When you have made your adjustments to one image, you have an option to "Add Preset" in the slider box. That will save all the settings you just made. It asks you for a name as you save it.

When you load a new image and click on the relevant adjustment panel in the Studio, your "preset" will be shown. I called it "my preset". Click on that and it will apply all your settings to that image.

Thank you. By the way, when I apply WB of my photo that I did not edit to other pictures, the method that you told me does not apply.  :(

Thank you. By the way, when I apply WB of my photo that I did not edit to other pictures, the method that you told me does not apply.  :(

I'm not sure if I've understood that correctly but there does appear to be a bug associated with white balance and presets - although the image's colour temperature changes according to the preset value, the slider value doesn't change.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

If the photos

No of course, it is to apply one set of settings you just made to many images with the same problem. If you haven't made any adjustments yet it wont work.

The other alternative, if the photos contain a neutral colour (white or grey) is to use the "picker" in "white balance" (First image). White balance being out is normally due to photos being taken in light that is not white, tungsten, under a blue sky, etc. However, white will always be white. By analysing a white (or grey) point Affinity can detect if it has something like a blue tint (say 10%) and adjust all the colours by reducing the overall blue in the picture by 10%, etc.

Simply select "Picker" click on a white point in your photo and Affinity will adjust it to suit. You can select more than one white point at a time to "average" out the adjustment.

It is all a bit more sophisticated if you use the Develop Persona, which you can enter at any time from Photo. It is not just for RAW. See second image.

You can also create presets there by clicking on the little menu icon (third image) so any adjustment you have made, can be applied to other photos with the same balance problem.

By setting all the photos to a standard "White point" they should all "synchronize", at least to pure white. Of course, that won't help if there is nothing white or grey in the photograph. But then it won't really matter. If you know that one photo has something white, set the white balance to that, then you can save a preset and apply that to all the images taken in the same light.

post-59234-0-19077800-1497701372_thumb.jpg

post-59234-0-40958800-1497701440_thumb.jpg

post-59234-0-72675600-1497701453_thumb.jpg

No of course, it is to apply one set of settings you just made to many images. If you haven't made any adjustments yet it wont work.

Is that correct?  The colour temperature has a specific value - shouldn't that be saved and applied via the preset?

Is that correct?  The colour temperature has a specific value - shouldn't that be saved and applied via the preset?

From what I understand Hobbyholic has not made any adjustments yet. So if a preset was created with no adjustments made, it would just be a "neutral" (or non) preset. i.e. what you get when you first open the White Balance panel.

If you adjust a bluish white to pure white by dragging the sliders (or using the picker) the Colour Balance Panel will now have that colour shift in it's slider settings. If you save that as a preset, it can then be applied to all photos taken in the same colour conditions. It's not that sophisticated, the "preset" basically just saves the slider positions.

From what I understand Hobbyholic has not made any adjustments yet. So if a preset was created with no adjustments made, it would just be a "neutral" (or non) preset. i.e. what you get when you first open the White Balance panel.

If you adjust a bluish white to pure white by dragging the sliders (or using the picker) the Colour Balance Panel will now have that colour shift in it's slider settings. If you save that as a preset, it can then be applied to all photos taken in the same colour conditions. It's not that sophisticated, the "preset" basically just saves the slider positions.

When shooting, I accidentally got some pictures taken with the wrong kelvin value.

After several shots, normal shooting has proceeded.

As a result, I tried to apply the white balance value of the normal picture to the wrong picture and then asked the question.

Is there a way to manually enter the kelvin value as a way to get the white balance value of a picture that does not need to be adjusted?

But what you get when you first open the White Balance panel is the value set by the camera when the picture was taken - it's (potentialy) different for each picture.  Let's say I open an image with a colour temperature of 6000K and save the settings as a new preset.  I now open another image with a colour temp of 5000K and apply the preset - the exposure, contrast etc are all relative changes so nothing should happen there, but the colour temperature should now be 6000K.  That's what I think *should* happen - what I've noticed is that the colour temperature slider doesn't move when a preset is applied, even though the change has obviously been applied.

Is there a way to manually enter the kelvin value as a way to get the white balance value of a picture that does not need to be adjusted?

toltec's answer was correct, but I think AP's misbehaving a bit.  Try opening an image with the correct white balance and note the colour temperature.  Now move the slider and return it to its original value (or you can type the value into the window) before saving a new preset.  Apply this preset to the images you want to change.