You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

cloning from one image another

Is there a way of cloning from one image to another?

I have two similar images, one where someone is blinking, and I want to use his eyes from a shot taken a second earlier where he is not blinking.

I.e., how can I open two images simultaneously, and clone from one to the other?

Thanks

Chris

Does this have any advantage over selecting from one image and pasting into the other?

Well, you can set up several documents as "source" and by setting the source for each as required, you can just paint in the new bit.

It can make it easier to align portions of multiple photos of the same scene because you can set the source and destination to a common point, such as a brick in a wall. Even if your clone brush would only display a tiny segment of something not close. Then, if you paint on the destination anything you paste will be exactly aligned to the original documents to the same precise point. A sort of poor mans "Stacking".

Obviously, that wont matter for a quick clone to hide something.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

I must admit I'd forgotten about cloning from multiple sources, but I find when I'm sorting out things like faces in group shots that there's too much movement for cloning to work - I need the ability to rotate and resize the selected body parts. Feathering the selection helps as well.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10