You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Pro 10.5 vs 12.9

Hey guys, I'm on an iPad Pro 12.9" first gen at the moment and while I'm really loving the screen size for photo editing and media consumption, I'm not really digging the size for transportability. I carry it to and from work alongside my laptop in my bag and it doesn't fit the tablet compartment in any of my bags and it's kind of heavy and awkward to pull out on the bus.

Therefore I'm looking at the 10.5" iPad Pro and I'm just wondering if anyone in here went down in size from the first generation and if so, are you happy with your purchase? Is it still manageable to edit photos and stuff on it or does it feel too small?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to get an iPad for Affinity photo use, so would look ke to hear people's views on this.

I'd like to know what people with hands on experience of 10.5 vs 12.9 would recommend if Affinity were the primary use for the iPad (portability not a big issue).

• 5 months later...

I originally bought the 12.9 inch but it was just too unwieldy! Took it back and exchanged it for the 10.5 inch. I’m working on it now and it has plenty of real estate to work with Affinity Photo. And.. believe it or not, I bought the whole 512 GB iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Logitech Keyboard just to use the program! I’m glad I did! Of course some people might think I was nuts to invest all that money just to use a $20 program! But I’m happy!

Doc Holliday