You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photos for brochure - all one look

I'm new to AP and I only know the basics of Photoshop. I've used Illustrator for a few years.

When I see photos in a brochure they all have the same 'feel' to them, like they were all made just for that brochure.

I always thought that this was just the photographer getting a sort of look, but I am led to believe that this is a post photo process.

The sort of thing I'm blabbing on about is like this:

https://youtu.be/I9WYg_2vGOk

Any idea where to start achieving this sort of thing with AD?

Getting a common look in photographs in a brochure is a mixture of the photographs being carefully chosen (or carefully taken) and a bit of editing in a program like Photoshop (or Affinity Photo).

There is no magic to it, but often a fair bit of work, hundreds of photos being taken to pick just one, etc.

Your link is for Chameleon colour themes ?

Either Affinity program will allow you to set a range of colour themes (palettes) in Swatches and apply them however you wish to maintain a common look and feel.

If you want to "recolour" a photo, as shown in Chameleon, in Affinity Photo go to the adjustments panel, then Recolour and you can colour tint a photo. Lots of options there to colour how you want. When you get a colour you like, you can save it as a "Preset" and apply it to all the Photos in your project to give them the same "feel".

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.