cjmiddleton225

Batch processing: Resizing

When doing batch resizing the method seems to be nearest neighbour regardless of the method chosen.  I tried to get round this using a macro, but it would also seem resizing with a macro  uses nearest neighbour regardless of method selected also.

Chris

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums! The issue regarding Resize Macros always using Nearest Neighbour is a known issue and with development to fix. I see what you mean regarding the Batch Processing as well. You can change the resample method for the other formats offered by clicking the button to the right with the ellipses, however it's not possible for AFPhoto which I presume is what you want?

I'll get it passed on to development and see what they can do! 

Thanks for letting us know.

Hi Sean, thanks for your reply.  Just to be 100% clear for the developers, I was doing the following:

file -> new  batch job

Deselected AFPhoto

Selected JPEG

set and upscaling on a single dimension (x dimension)

clicked on the elipse and changed the resampler, everything else remains default

Changed the output folder to a sub folder of my input folder

Imported all image in my input folder (about 30)

With that methods, regardless of the sampler I chose it uses the same one.  I think it was nearest neighbour, even though the default is bilinear.

I am running AFPhoto V1.5.2.69

Thanks,

Chris

Hi, I'm running Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 I downloaded yesterday.

Batch processing seemed to work right, but once it's finished, I don't find the resulting photos in any folder.

Steps I followed (which worked well in the preceding version):

file -> new  batch job

Deselected AFPhoto then selected save as JPEG

downsizing to 1200 pixels in both columns W and H 

Changed the output folder to a sub folder of my input folder. I tried later with another folder on another disc, same issue.

Imported all images in my input folder (about 90, but I tried again with 10 then with 4 with exactly the same issue)

Thanks for a feedback whenever possible.

Luke