You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

TIFF files not rendering correctly in Affinity Photo & Designer

My specs:
IMAC 3.4 Ghz i7 - 16GB memory - macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Affinity Photo version 1.5.2

Affinity Designer version 1.5.5

I use Preview on my mac to look at all my image files including camera specific RAW files

When I load up an image in Preview then save as TIFF the outputted file doesn't render properly in either Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer.

Here are some screenshots to make my point.

Heres the original image along with Affinity Photo screenshot and Affinity Designer screenshot

a1.jpg

Heres Affinity Photos view (for some reason Affinity goes straight to Develop Persona)

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

The Preview produced TIFF file opens in all my other applications including Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, Luminar, Safari, Firefox etc without any problems.

Preview is the standard Apple app for viewing images so why is the produced TIFF unreadable?

This TIFF was produced from a .NEF (Nikon Raw Image File) exported as a TIFF

Wots going on?

I'm now convinced its something to do with the profile assigned (or lack of) to the TIFF image and has something to do with the fact that the original file was a Nikon RAW image.

If I open the .NEF produced TIFF file in Preview then export as JPG - then open the JPG in Preview and export as TIFF - this file opens fine in Affinity Photo

If I open the .NEF produced TIFF file in Preview then export as PNG - then open the PNG in Preview and export as TIFF - this doesn't open in Affinity Photo

I have tried opening a PNG screenshots files in Preview then exporting these as TIFF images - these open perfectly in Affinity Photo.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.