mayahan

Affinity Designer Gradients Vol. 1

I made a set of gradients for Affinity Designer. 

My first attempt at AD gradient set! Tada!  :D

I originally created the set to be used at work (using Illustrator) and I made this to share with the nice folks here at Affinity Forum.

Hope you guys find this useful.

Thanks!

- Maya

post-8180-0-02857600-1497581731_thumb.jpg

MAYA-GRADIENT-VOL-1.zip

Freelance web designer located in San Diego, CA, USA

Portfolio site: http://www.mayahan.net

Art and design blog: Design MInt

Thank you! I will use these together with the NEW set of Pattern Brushes from Wonderful FrankenToon! 

I am currently puddling around with some freebies for the Forum members but getting a little side tracked along the way!  Ooops!

Thank you so much!  I was going crazy searching for fills, text styles, trying to figure out to import Photostyles into AD...........SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS FORUM

Hi Ecce Georgius,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Go to the Swatches panel, click the small icon menu on the top right of the panel, select Import Palette... (as a Document, Application or System palette as you prefer) then select the .afpalette file from the dialog that will open.

Thanks, Mayahan! :)

- Affinity Photo 1.6.7

- Affinity Designer 1.6.1

MacBook Pro 8 GB
High Sierra 10.13.6

Hi Vicente Sarmento,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's two files in the zip (excluding the JPG). One  - Maya's Gradients-vol1.afpalette - is the palette of gradient swatches which you must import from the Swatches panel clicking the small menu icon on the top right of the panel, selecting Import Palette... then choosing if you want to import it as a Document Palette (available only for the document where you are importing it), Application Palette (available in Affinity for all documents you open there) or System Palette (to make it available as a palette for the whole system - not sure if this last one is available on Windows). The other file - Maya-Gradients-vol-1.afdesign - is a regular .afdesign document which already has the gradient palette loaded/embedded as a Document Palette (as explained above) - you can ignore this one.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

or System Palette (to make it available as a palette for the whole system - not sure if this last one is available on Windows)

The System Palette option is not available on Windows.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, April 2018 Update (1803), 16.0GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.6.5.123 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.6.5.123 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.133 Beta