Today's update resolved my raw banding issue, but created a new issue for me. Now, when using the brush to create targeted adjustments in raw, I am only able to paint on 2/3 of the photo. The top 1/3 is cut off...almost like there is a layer misalignment and at 2/3 height you hit the top of the photo.

Landon,

Hi - this sounds like a portrait vs. landscape metadata issue.

If so, my colleague Justin has already fixed it and it will be made available in the next beta :)

We deploy beta builds far more frequently than App Store builds, so if you want this fix ASAP please see the "Affinity Photo for iPad Beta" forum on this board for details.

Thanks,

Andy.

Hi LandonArnold,

The version of the build on TestFlight was the same version that was on the AppStore, however we uploaded a new version yesterday which should contain the fixes Andy mentioned above. Would it be possible for you to let us know if it is still an issue. If so would you be able to attach or link to a sample RAW file please?

Thanks.

I'm having other problems with brush masks, firstly it crashes if I have several masks at once and doesn't even remember the file at all when it restarts so I have to import it again and start over completely. Secondly, the shadows slider doesn't work on my masks at all, nothing happens.

Also the clarity slider is greyed out when I'm on a mask layer and so is the entire sharpening tool, so I can't sharpen locally?

Hi Daphen,

The Shadows/Highlights slider is working for me but its effect is quite subtle (low range). Can you please check again more carefully? Isn't it working at all?

The Clarity slider is greyed out for me too. I believe this is by design because currently the macOS version also has it disabled for brush overlays. Same for the Details Studio (sharpening/detail refinement, noise reduction etc) when using brush overlays.

I will try to reproduce the crash when using multiple brush overlays.

Got it working on another image, strange.

Can't brush the top half of the image though, just as OP is describing.

I wonder why we can't adjust clarity and sharpness locally, I've gotten used to doing that in LR Mobile.

The issue regarding the inability to brush the top of the image is probably related with the metadata as Andy said. This should be fixed in the latest Beta.

Which Affinity Photo for iPad are you using? Can you please attach/link the RAW file you are using so I can confirm if the brush issue on top is already fixed?

The issue regarding the inability to brush the top of the image is probably related with the metadata as Andy said. This should be fixed in the latest Beta.

Which Affinity Photo for iPad are you using? Can you please attach/link the RAW file you are using so I can confirm if the brush issue on top is already fixed?

No that's fine, I believe you. No need to upload etc.

I think I might just be inexperienced with Affinity but the RAW development seems so limited compared to what I'm used to with lightroom, is that the case?

Affinity Photo is not a DAM software like Lightroom. It doesn't manage libraries, nor allows you to apply the same settings to a bunch of photos from a set, or perform non-destructive RAW editing saving the settings to a sidecar file or a database. It's more comparable to Adobe Photoshop + Adobe Camera RAW where you open/convert/develop a RAW as an initial step then proceed to further editing with classic photo editing tools (channels, masks, selections, filters etc). So if you are looking for an alternate Dam software, Affinity Photo is not the most appropriate choice. We do intend to develop our own DAM solution later but it will still take some time until we get there.

Affinity Photo is not a DAM software like Lightroom. It doesn't manage libraries, nor allows you to apply the same settings to a bunch of photos from a set, or perform non-destructive RAW editing saving the settings to a sidecar file or a database. It's more comparable to Adobe Photoshop + Adobe Camera RAW where you open/convert/develop a RAW as an initial step then proceed to further editing with classic photo editing tools (channels, masks, selections, filters etc). So if you are looking for an alternate Dam software, Affinity Photo is not the most appropriate choice. We do intend to develop our own DAM solution later but it will still take some time until we get there.

Thanks for the information. I was under the impression that Camera RAW had the same stuff as Lightroom.