You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for iPad - 1.6.2

• Staff

Hi,

<EDIT> Replaced by 1.6.3 in the app store </EDIT>

We are pleased to announce the App Store release of Affinity Photo for iPad, version 1.6.2.

The change-list is as follows:

- Enable RAW loading from Photo Library.

- More robust auto-save of new documents.

- Allow Photo Library images in new stack, HDR merge, focus merge and panorama dialogs.

- Improved stability with complex documents.

- Stroke stabiliser for the paint brush tool.

- Allow deletion of red-eye, blemish removal sets in develop.

- Allow editing of brushes from the brush studio.

- Missing icons in the patch tool.

- Fixed text shooting off screen sometimes when editing.

- Fixed crashes when inpainting large areas.

- Faster tone mapping.

- Liquify works properly with rotated / flipped layers.

- Fixed odd develop artefacts with some Canon D60 images.

- Fixed failure to export JPEG from some RAW files.

- Missing levels functionality.

- Halftone filter - UCR and GCR now work.

- Improved CMYK blend modes.

- Fixed develop basic studio sometimes having no sliders.

- Missing delete buttons in field blur, deform and gradient tools.

- DoF and Lens Blur filters now apply more quickly.

- Prevent focus merge, HDR merge from starting with no images.

- LUTs fixed.

- Fixed develop WB slider bug.

- Paste inside implemented.

- Fixed a layer studio crash.

- Localisation improvements.

- Numerous other stability and visual improvements.

Thanks,

Affinity Photo Team  :ph34r: 

Nice one Andy! 

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• Staff

Creative,

Yes, we believe that bug is fixed :)

It *was* autosaving, but unless you had been back to the gallery screen at least once, your document was never being added to the gallery.

Autosave happens in the background and is "abortable" - so you don't get long pauses as you work. It should be stable now and do what you expect - but if for any reason you want to force an autosave, just go back to the gallery screen then open your document again.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

Would be great if you can include this changelog on future release on the Apple Store, right now it just says "Stability and bug fixes". Not everyone will look on the forums to check if the RAW issue has been fixed for example.

Creative,

Yes, we believe that bug is fixed :)

It *was* autosaving, but unless you had been back to the gallery screen at least once, your document was never being added to the gallery.

Autosave happens in the background and is "abortable" - so you don't get long pauses as you work. It should be stable now and do what you expect - but if for any reason you want to force an autosave, just go back to the gallery screen then open your document again.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

Thank you!

It's fantastic to see you guys care much.

this really gives me confidence to use the app again.

It's quite a list of enhancements. In iTunes it says "Stability and bug fixes". Looks like something got lost in translation.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Just updated the app and successfully imported raw files from Photos. I also was able to do a Panorama and HDR from my iPad files. Nice work! Now I have to actually learn the app to see what I can do with a 100% mobile workflow.

• Staff

Hi Jane Siet,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Select the layer you want to rename then tap the ellipsis icon (the three dots icon) in the Layers Studio, then tap again over the name of the layer (right below the header that says "< Layer options" on top). The keyboard will pop up allowing you to rename the layer.

Hello everyone,

I'm using affinity 1.6.2 for iPad Pro 10.5". I edited a raw file saved as jpeg and wanted to share it by email (gmail) within affinity as shown in tutorials. This feature it isn't working for me. Please advise.

Thank you.

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank the Affinity Photo team for the work it has done on the ios ipad pro version.

However, I found that you have the possibility to improve 2 small defects for the conford of use for the designers in digital painting:

The cone at the bottom of the app to cancel: it would be more comfortable to cancel by tapping with two fingers on the screen!

The second defect is that it is not possible to rotate the worktop with three fingers for example as in Procreate.

I think its two suggestions implemented in the software would be appreciable by many users.

Thank you for reading me.  ;)
(Google translation)

French version:

Bonjour,
Je tiens d'abord à remercier l'équipe d'Affinity Photo pour le travail qu'il ont fait en ce qui concerne la version ios ipad pro.

Cependant, j'ai constaté que vous avez la possibilité d'améliorer 2 petits défauts pour le conford d'utilisation pour les dessinateurs en digital painting :

Le cône en bas de l'app pour annuler : il serait plus confortable d'annuler en tappotant avec deux doigts sur l'écran !

Le second défaut est qu'il n'est pas possible de faire tourner le plan de travail avec trois doigts par exemple comme dans Procréate.

Je pense que ses deux suggestions implantées dans le logiciel seraient appréciables par beaucoup d'utilisateurs.

Merci de me lire.
(traduction faite avec Google)