You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Invert Overlay Develop Persona

I often like to alter the exposure of my subject and background separately during my RAW processing in Capture One. I will usually create a selection based on the subject and re-use that mask for the background by inverting it. I can't seem to find a way to do that in Photo (haven't tried on desktop). Thanks in advance

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

• 2 years later...

Hello 

I‘m just trying to switch from PS to Affinity...took me some guts to try. Let’s see how it goes. The iPad app is already impressive.

Regarding this feature: I was very suprised to not see it in the end of 2019. It’s so basic! I hope the next update contains it.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @janvangastel,
Welcome to affinity Forums :)
There's still now way to do this with Overlays in Develop Persona but you can do it in Photo Persona using an exposure adjustment (or two if you want use one for the subject and another for background) along with much more robust masking functionality. Hope it helps a bit.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...