You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Back to The Future - Nike

David

Overdone topic I know, started this a week ago with the news of that the shoes are to going on sale this year.

It then found its way to the top of my "Avoiding real work todo list".

(Don't worry, Pirate Cat riding a polar bear is NOT forgot and is in build)

post-865-0-10124600-1421772244_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Ha, thats the smell of box fresh shoes :)

I'd like to make a set of these of iconic films, for example James bonds Walther PPK and a couple of gadgets etc.

Great ideas David, but... lets not forget about cats riding polar bears, eh? Hehehe... ;)

(just kidding obviously!)

• Staff

Pirate Cat WIP....@mattP I'm having some serious spinning issues today, not sure I have done anything to different, maybe way more masks than usual is there anyway of fixing or flushing things?

AWESOME! :D  Getting very excited now! (despite having a stunning cold and feeling like death, generally!)  Spinning issues don't sound good... Is it when you do anything in particular? Usually it's only performing a command that could cause any kind of spinning ball. If you're getting it often, is there any chance you'd send me the file and I can take a look and tell you what's going on? :)

Thanks!

Matt

AWESOME! :D  Getting very excited now! (despite having a stunning cold and feeling like death, generally!)  Spinning issues don't sound good... Is it when you do anything in particular? Usually it's only performing a command that could cause any kind of spinning ball. If you're getting it often, is there any chance you'd send me the file and I can take a look and tell you what's going on? :)

Thanks!

Matt

Spinning started after I tidied up into groups, so now if it want to edit the Polar bear I double click into the group it spins for a few mins before it picks up my selection?

Maybe a ram issue? I have 8gb installed on  my Macbook Pro.

• Staff

That sounds really odd - can't think of any reason it would do that... Would you mind sending the file to me (or even just the bit of the file that you're having trouble with - if you're trying to save the big reveal until later, hehe). My email is mpriestley at seriflabs dot com

Thanks! :)

That sounds really odd - can't think of any reason it would do that... Would you mind sending the file to me (or even just the bit of the file that you're having trouble with - if you're trying to save the big reveal until later, hehe). My email is mpriestley at seriflabs dot com

Thanks! :)

Issue Fixed...I some how managed to paste an item or something, somehow into the layer description. making the layer description about 5000 characters long.

Anyhow, here is your pirate cat riding polar bear scaring a penguin :)

post-865-0-73868600-1422574384_thumb.png

• Staff

Issue Fixed...I some how managed to paste an item or something, somehow into the layer description. making the layer description about 5000 characters long.

Anyhow, here is your pirate cat riding polar bear scaring a penguin :)

WOOHOO! Yay! Thanks, David! I've been looking forward to this since you agreed to it - and it doesn't disappoint! :D 

Now you know better than to ask me for ideas! Hehehe... ;)

Glad you found your issue - sounds like we can sort that out from our end too though so it doesn't fox anyone else! :)

WOOHOO! Yay! Thanks, David! I've been looking forward to this since you agreed to it - and it doesn't disappoint! :D

Now you know better than to ask me for ideas! Hehehe... ;)

Glad you found your issue - sounds like we can sort that out from our end too though so it doesn't fox anyone else! :)

I have a suspicion that this has some symbolic meaning ;)

Damn, love this style. Can you point me towards any tuts that could help me develop something similar?

I cant say I know of any tutorials out there??....its really based on my freehand drawing style which Affinity has allowed to me to translate in a way Ive been unable to do in illustrator, due to the beautiful way it handles custom lines, styles and masks. (there are tuts available for all of those)

The way I would learn this would be to sketch up you own image and scan it in, lock in place and trace using chunky pen lines.

It may help to find a style of work you like, and have it open for styling references etc - but ultimately allow your own natural style to guide you. Once you get it working, close the image you've used for styling references and let your work evolve by its self.