You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I know this is basic stuff but I'm just learning so please bear with me....  I have created a panorama and it is uneven around the edges.  I want to copy a selection of sky and paste it to fill in a blank.  Should be simple... but it's not  In PS you copy (Ctrl+C) and then paste (Ctrl+V)... do this as many times as you like to fill in the gaps then smooth it all out.  Strange way to do things but....

Except it doesn't work this way in Affinity.. Can someone please tell me how to achieve this in Affinity Photo

Easiest way is probably to use the clone tool. (like a little rubber stamp).

Click on the bit you want to use (to copy from) with the Alt key held down to select it as the "source". Then it will copy that area were you next click and/or drag. You can make the tool any size you like and have soft edges (or reduce the opacity) to blend it all in nicely. 

You must have the right layer selected. Whichever one has the sky in.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• Staff

Hi PJW,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Create your selection, copy it to the clipboard and paste it. Each paste will create a new layer so you may have to select them all in the Layers panel, then go to menu Layer ▸ Merge selected to flatten them all in a single layer if you want. Note that to make this work you must be working with a (pixel) layer type - otherwise instead of pasting just the selection you have made Affinity pastes the whole layer. Look at the label between parenthesis after the layer's name in the Layers panel. If it says (Image), right-click the layer and select Rasterise... to convert it to a (Pixel) layer type. You can then copy/paste as described above.