Hi,

I am encountering a lot of ERRORS and system falling without saving the work. It seems to me to be it something like 1 out of 4 opened sessions that it falls unexpectedly.... And honestly that is a lot.... usually I loose some work, not a lot, but still, for professional usage it is hard for me to catch up with the time missed. I know I am filling it up a lot, but I think it is not others do not do - cca 1.5GB a file and my PC is quite capable of holding such application (i5, SSD, enough RAM....).

Otherwise good SW, I like it, not thinking of returning to P....S...

Thanks guys for support ;)

Jindra

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

Professional Photographer based in Prague

Affinity Photo user - cur.ver. 1.7.1.404 @ Win 10

HI Jindra

Is it usually file of this size you are working on when the app errors for you? Are you able to attach or link to one of the files for us to look into this. Can you outline any steps or processes that you may be performing and what exactly the errors are that you are encountering? Is it crashes, rendering issue etc

Cheers 

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

yeah, it seems to me that it is usually while I am working with larger files. I do not see much correlation between the cases as it happened to me:

while setting curves,

drawing a mask,

creating a selection,

making Gaussian Blur Fx

....... cannot remember now the other cases

It just throws the message and the session disappears.

Sometimes it offers me a recovery file, but as of I am a Pro and working quite fast, there is usually a lot of missed work during that time.... (I am going to set smaller auto save timing ;) .... hope this App has this in settings....)

And once it happened to me while I was drawing a large mask and still pressing, so maybe there could be some buffer run out issues - I do not know..... but my memory does not seem to be going even close to its limits.... allways still a few Gigs free.....

Thanks

Jindra

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

Professional Photographer based in Prague

Affinity Photo user - cur.ver. 1.7.1.404 @ Win 10