breakofdawn

brush cursor visual feedback

Is it possible to have the brush outline persist on screen (the one that shows up when you change the brush size). After you change the size of the brush, that feedback disappears and makes detail editing and masking difficult without seeing the edges of the brush. Not sure of this is possible, but it seems like it could get complicated, but with the new 120hz refresh rate on the new iPads...maybe?

Just wanted to support this request. Having the brush footprint visible helps me when retouching portraits. It's very common to apply brush sizes that cover naturally occurring contours of the body and face. Currently, it takes a lot of trial and error. Having this feature would speed up my process. 

I would suggest adding it as an option that can be toggled on/off in case some people find it obtrusive. 

I, along with quite a few others, have requested this as well. I think they know we want it and just need to figure out a good way to implement it. Other top requests are modifier keys and non-destructive RAW editing

iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen/Mac Mini, in that order

2 hours ago, wgphoto said:

I, along with quite a few others, have requested this as well. I think they know we want it and just need to figure out a good way to implement it. Other top requests are modifier keys and non-destructive RAW editing

...absolutely agree.

I would love to see this option as well . Would be really  handy when deleting backgrounds as well as Dodge and burn tools.

Rabt

Perhaps they could use the selected brush size setting to reset the size of the current 'show touches' circle? Then use the brush colour setting to update the'show touches' colour. ¬¬

That way Show Touches would act as a useful brush cursor.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

sorry to dig this up from the depths of time but +1 in this. Would be really useful to see what I’m doing when erasing/masking and precision brush strokes. Has there been an update on this?

cheers