You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brush cursor visual feedback

Is it possible to have the brush outline persist on screen (the one that shows up when you change the brush size). After you change the size of the brush, that feedback disappears and makes detail editing and masking difficult without seeing the edges of the brush. Not sure of this is possible, but it seems like it could get complicated, but with the new 120hz refresh rate on the new iPads...maybe?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to support this request. Having the brush footprint visible helps me when retouching portraits. It's very common to apply brush sizes that cover naturally occurring contours of the body and face. Currently, it takes a lot of trial and error. Having this feature would speed up my process. 

I would suggest adding it as an option that can be toggled on/off in case some people find it obtrusive. 

• 6 months later...

Perhaps they could use the selected brush size setting to reset the size of the current 'show touches' circle? Then use the brush colour setting to update the'show touches' colour. ¬¬

That way Show Touches would act as a useful brush cursor.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 for show brush cursor while painting request. Procreate, (iPad app,) shows a size accurate brush cursor outline when painting, so it can be implemented. Seeing the brush edge is invaluable for masking rather than an exercise in frustration that it currently is with AP on the iPad. Honestly, it's the one thing that keeps me from using it more.    

• 2 months later...

Ok I got tired waiting. Affinity Photo is made for people working with photos. It's quite obvious where the focus lies. I would suggest that artists that paint for a living to take a look at Artstudio Pro. It got most of the bells and whistles you could ask for as brush outline and non destructive painting with live filters and so on. It's fast and rock solid. Even their betas are stable.

20201223_125714004_iOS.thumb.png.df62b7fa71fd499727ca32a68cf46f72.png