You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Huion 1060 plus Win10 Brush size.

Hi, I bought the Huion 1060 plus, and it seems to work well with A.D. and A.P. on Windows 10.

The pressure control work fine and  I correctly set some Hotkeys, but i did not find a way to change the size of the brushes and tools, in A.D. and A.P., directly from the pen.

I use keyboard shortcut (Italian Qwerty Keyboard) AltGr [ and Alt Gr ] to change the  brush and other tools size and it work fine, but is not really comfortable.

Somebody know how to do?  

Thanks.

You can assign the keyboard shortcuts to the express keys and the pen using the Huion software tools, please check that Windows did not install its own driver rather than Huion's 

Thx for reply. 
I correctly install latest Huion driver before connecting the tablet.
I already assign the keyboard shortcuts to the tablet Express Keys, same for left-right click on the pen buttons and all key I set  (from K1 to K10) work correctly, except for brushes and tools size set on K11 and K12. 
Same for pen buttons, ...tools and brush size do not work.

I also tried   all option btw "Ctrl, Alt, Shift" and [  

(see S.S.)

post-35212-0-05024600-1497456142_thumb.jpg

... i did not find a way to change the size of the brushes and tools, in A.D. and A.P., directly from the pen.

It's not possible to do what I think you're trying to do.  The shortcut in Affinity Photo (for Windows) is Alt + Left Mouse Button + Right Mouse button and then drag up/down/left/right to change the size/hardness of the brush.  Unfortunately you can't do this with the pen because it's not possible to press both the left and right mouse buttons on the pen at the same time, as they are on a rocker switch.  Hopefully Serif will find another solution in the future...

I use keyboard shortcut (Italian Qwerty Keyboard) AltGr [ and AltGr ] to change the brush

...all key I set (from K1 to K10) work correctly, except for brushes and tools size

The Huion Express keys (and pen buttons) will only allow you to set Alt, not AltGr as a key.  Therefore you can't use AltGr + [ and AltGr + ] with the Huion Express keys.

I also tried all option btw "Ctrl, Alt, Shift" and [

Your screenshot only shows Ctrl + Alt + [ (the shift key is unticked).  If you set both Affinity Photo and the Huion Express keys to Ctrl + Alt + Shift + [, it should work correctly.

post-29590-0-15261500-1497468947_thumb.png

Is AltGr + [ the default shortcut key in Affinity Photo for Italian Qwerty Keyboards, or is this a combination that you've set yourself?  If it's a combination that you've set yourself, it may be worth just sticking with the Affinity default keys because I don't know of a way to change all the brushes at the same time in Affinity Photo.  Therefore it means that you'd need to set each brush tool one at a time to your new shortcut.

Yes, latest driver from Huion.com "HUION_1060plus_V12.3.7"

I tried all possible combination between Ctrl alt  shift. and [ ...with no result.

Yes, Alt Gr + [ is the default combination. Also work with Ctrl ALt + [

Now I have found only one way to set up a key for brush/tool size ...I set each brush tool, sponge and so on, one by one,  with new shortcut ...just + and - on Numpad!

See screenshot.

Maybe, Like Sima said, there is no  way to change all the brushes/tool size at the same time in Affinity Photo.... or Affinity Design.

So I set all  like showed in screenshot and everithing work fine!

Now I can easily change brush/tool size with express key k11 and k12 on Tablet and by the two pen buttons!  ;)

ThanK you all for  sharing. 

Really appreciate. 

post-35212-0-43558500-1497522864_thumb.jpg

Yes, Alt Gr + [ is the default combination. Also work with Ctrl ALt + [

Now I understand your first screenshot more.  To me it sounds as if the default combination in Affinity Photo for Italian Qwerty Keyboards should just be set to Ctrl + Alt + [ and not use AltGr + [ at all.  Then the Huion Express keys/pen buttons would likely work with the Affinity defaults.

Glad you've resolved the issue.

Hi sima, and thx for reply. I tried default combination in Affinity Photo for Italian Qwerty Keyboards  Ctrl + Alt + [   But unfortunately didn't work. Same for the Huion Express keys/pen buttons did not work with the Affinity defaults shortcuts. 

I suppose huion driver/software is made just for English keyboard Layout or is not optimized for some languages.... IMHO.

like I said in previous post, I solve by changing all shortcut [ ] with  + and  - from Numpad and then saved an Affinity preference file for future installations.

Anyway, this graphics tablet work great and has a great value for money (74,00 €) although the driver/software is not the best.

Thx all again for the tips!

@Sima,

maybe this could work for you to,

plug in a second mouse and use it on the left just for left and right click, set  pen switch to alt.

now you can change size and hardness without leaving the pen.

not perfect, but you won't have to switch from pen to mouse. 

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

• 2 years later...

Bumping this topic to see if this has been updated by huion at all in their drivers? This is the sole feature keeping me from buying another huion, and the main reason I switched back to wacom. I'd love to support huion and don't want to buy another wacom but the lack of this feature severely hinders my workflow.

Hoping to see an update about it soon!