If import from the camera connection kit there's no way to get the raw into the app? Affinity doesn't recognize the raw in the photos app I imported. Also if I save the photos to iCloud then try to import from iCloud it still only sees the JPEG. The only way I could do it was to export from photos on the mac to iCloud drive then import to infinity iPad app through iCloud Drive. That is useless for editing when not at home so what's the point then.

Hi Mikess1,

Welcome to the Affinity Forum. This is a known issue and is with development, however we believe it is a restriction of Photos. As for uploading from Photos to iCloud have you tried this support topic from Apple? They suggest enabling 'Download Originals' to get your RAW files onto the iCloud.

RAW files imported to iPad with the Camera Connection Kit

If you import RAW images to an iPad with the Camera Connection Kit, turn on Download Originals or edit the images on your Mac so that the files are available on your Mac in iCloud Photo Library. 

When you work with RAW images on an iPad, the iPad shows the embedded JPEG thumbnail of the image created by the camera, not the actual RAW file.

Published Date:  Oct 15, 2016

Hi thanks for helping!

From what I can tell it's not a restriction of photos because I can import raws from the photos app to Snapseed,VSCO, & Lightroom.

I checked out the link the problem is if I select to download originals to my iPad I'd run out of space even with my 500gig pro I have almost 40 thousand pictures in iCloud.

Hi Mikess1,

If you look carefully you will notice that both Lightroom and VSCO use non-standard Photos interface for opening images. (Notice how they don't ask you to initially select what album you want to look at - instead display all images). Both of those I could open RAW files in. I tried Snapseed and that would fail to recognise any of the RAW files I tried to open - again it looked like the standard Photos interface as it was offering me the choice to choose from Albums etc. We believe these have built their own custom interfaces instead of replying on Apple. As I said it is with Development to look at, as obviously this has been requested a lot.

As for the importing into iCloud that is something you'll have to take up with Apple.

Ok so hopefully in a future updates great! Is there another way how do you edit your raw files if you are away on vacation or whatever? Is enabling download originals the only way to do it right now

Ok so hopefully in a future updates great! Is there another way how do you edit your raw files if you are away on vacation or whatever? Is enabling download originals the only way to do it right now

Currently the only way is to load from a cloud drive (such as iCloud). Not having a Camera Connection Kit, I'm unable to try out the import to iCloud using that, but if that works then that is likely to be the only other way for now.

The ability to import RAW files from Photos has been fixed? If so, that is great news and I'm sure everyone will be looking forward to the upcoming update.

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the new iPad version 1.6.2 released today.

It works thanks! So you know I wasn't sure I was gonna buy the Mac version but after this situation I'm buying thanks for the fast replays and fixing the problem!