You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No photo preview on icon in icloud

Hi,

I'm new to this on my iPad Pro so after a bit of advice if possible please?

I've uploaded my RAW files (Nikon 3300) into icloud and Google Drive. When viewing on my iPad I cannot see a photo preview in the icon so I've got 40 photos with no idea what each one is. Looking on my PC I can clearly see them. I watched the RAW editing video tutorial and in that the icons had the photo preview. What do I need to do to see these please?

Also in the RAW editor is it possible to make individual colour adjustments like in Lightroom rather than global? ie make the blue sky more dramatic and not anything else in the photo?

Any help will be most appreciated

Thank you

Paul

• Staff

Hi Paul,

iCloud should show your a preview of the RAW image within the app the images on Google Drive will not give you a preview. in the tutorial the RAW images where from a iCloud folder.

You can make adjustments to individual objects rather than the global buy making the selection first and then goto the develop persona.

Hi Paul,

iCloud should show your a preview of the RAW image within the app the images on Google Drive will not give you a preview. in the tutorial the RAW images where from a iCloud folder.

Thanks for your response, however, I cannot for the life of see any thumbnails only a blank icon.it opens fine into Affinity to edit but won't show in iCloud drive..... Should it be in another iCloud folder instead if iCloud drive by any chance?

I have the same problem: in the iCloud I can see thumbnails only of jpg, but not of the RAW images (canon - CR2-files).

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

I've had success using Dropbox. Saw the thumbnails,however,they were only small and not as good as shown in the tutorial video with iCloud, It actually downloaded the RAW files much quicker. I still need to find out why my Pro won't allow me to view thumbnails on iCloud,.....anyone?

Thank you,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of thumbnails in icloud has nothing to do with affinity.. I can't even see them direct on icloud without even opening up Affinity so im completely confused.fine on pc but not on ipad so a setting somewhere must be wrong. Still I have an option with One Drive

• 11 months later...