You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save edited images back to Photos?

Hey there!

I saw your demo at the WWDC and I decided to buy the app. Today my iPad 10.5" arrvied and I installed iOS11 on it. So I understand that there are still afew bugs here and there because, well, obviously.

So correct me when I am wrong, I never saw the app under iOS 10, but I want to import a Photo from the Photos app, edit it and then save it back to the Photos app.

What I see now is that I can export the edited picture, but just to the iCloud Drive. There is no option to export it to Photos.

I will travel for 6 months and want to use Affinity and the iPad instead of Lightroom and my MacBook.

So is this a bug under iOS 11 or canˋt I export back to Photos?

And a question for future updates: Do you wait until iOS 11 is final and then fix the issues or do you have the ressources to acutually fix some of the big ones even during thr beta phase?

• Staff

Hi Rufus42,

Welcome to the Forums :)

Unfortunately at this moment in time its not possible to export to Photos. This is something that may be added in a future version and is not a bug. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by your last question but the iPad app is still being developed and has already released one fix patch!

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hmmm, I hadn't yet noticed that you couldn't export to Photos.  One kinda' assumes (yeah, yeah) that if one can Import from a source that one can also export to that source.  This seems like an oversight since using the app in the field is a big part of having Affinity Photo on a device and being able to review and compare and display images in Photos is much handier than having to swap them in and out of the cloud.  I'm hoping this is something that will be added and fairly soon.

• Staff

Hi Miguel,

That particular post only refers specifically to Importing from Photos, and is good to know.   Is Exporting to Photos also being worked on?

I can confirm that this is something we are working on we are hoping to have it available in beta soon :)

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I'm a little confused by this. At first I was genuinely shocked there was no export to camera roll option but I see on the export page there is a share option which will let you save the edited file to the camera roll.

Just wondering why this is a separate option on the export page and I'm assuming this will work for most people.

@Callum Thanks a lot for your fast response!

With bugs, I mean: At the moment I cannot import Photos from my Nikon D3300. The image is rendered horribly (RAW format). Might be another issue!

I understand the purpose of your applications, but it would be nice to address Photographers who want to switch from Lightroom and use it more like a “I shoot 500 pictures, edit them in Affinity and then show them to friends and family” workflow!

Anyway, good job with the app, looking forward to the updates!

@Callum Thanks a lot for your fast response!

With bugs, I mean: At the moment I cannot import Photos from my Nikon D3300. The image is rendered horribly (RAW format). Might be another issue!

I understand the purpose of your applications, but it would be nice to address Photographers who want to switch from Lightroom and use it more like a “I shoot 500 pictures, edit them in Affinity and then show them to friends and family” workflow!

Anyway, good job with the app, looking forward to the updates!

This is why I would urge the developers to look at the likes of Photogene or even Polarr apps on the iPad. Photogene in particular nails it in how it lets you browse the camera roll and edit images without the need to import each image individually. This also lets you batch process files by selecting the images you have edited and export with some global settings such as image dimensions, file format and watermarks.

• 3 weeks later...