You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom centred on mouse position

Hey Affinity team,

First and foremost, congrats on the great gig at the WWDC17!!

Now, I have searched for this feature... ok only for like 20 min. however I couldn't find anything that would indicate that this already exists or is planed to be introduced. If it does, a hint would be great and I'll go back to my box ;-). I can also imagine that it will be all the way on the bottom of your list but here it goes, my first request or better wish :-).

I would really like to be able to zoom to where the mouse is. This is available through ought the entire macOS workflow that you can, at least with the Magic Mouse, just double tap on an item and you zoom mouse centred. This is a fantastic feature when you zoom out to be going over your work and find something here and there you would like to adjust.

So: Working close on a detail -> double tap -> zoomed out to some previous % -> go with the mouse on an item you identified to be edited further -> double tap -> zoomed in again.

I understand that the zoom level might be to high or low but at least you are within the vicinity of where you want to go as of currently you just zoom in to the last selected spot or some random place of the canvas. This is at least my experience.

Again if this exists in some way I am happy to learn :-).

Cheers,

JMS

Hi MEB,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yea, I have used it occasionally, however, as said before It would make it easier to zoom out to have a look at it "from the far" and then you can quickly zoom back in again. It is well workable as it is at the moment just thought I'd bring this suggestion up as Apples "smart Zoom" feel would help to bring in a continuity to AF. It does zoom with double tap already however to the last worked on area or somewhere aimless (at least it feels aimless sometimes, or there is just a step I am missing to make it work).

However, I am not a power user by any means, so other peoples requests are probably more important .

Thanks anyway and maybe, hopefully one day...  

Cheers

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your replies, mostly appreciated! Sorry, I should have mentioned the hardware used, my bad. Yes, I am using a Magic Mouse so it makes sense.

Cheers