You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem making payment using Paypal

Hi, I'm having a problem making payment for Affinity Designer on Windows via Paypal.
After finishing the Paypal login and clicking the "Pay now" button, I am redirected to the page before payment (The one with "place order" button).

I've tried a few times and luckily the payment doesn't go through everytime.

But I find it weird that there are no errors on the page (for example, indicating that the card was rejected etc.)
Can someone offer any help? Thanks.

Hi Rayderion

I've noticed recently that several legitimate and trustworthy web sites have now changed to a system where you go "pay with PayPal", enter your PayPal details and "Pay now", and are then returned to the web site where you still need to click the "Place order" to finalise the whole thing and actually finish the order and payment, instead of the final order/payment happening at the PayPal "Pay now" stage like it does on simpler order systems.

At a guess, PayPal is confirming that the account exists and can pay the required amount, but is not getting charged until you confirm with "Place order" back on the website.

Possibly this is what is happening here? Can't remember how my Affinity order went through.

@JFisher
Thank you, I already sent them an email as per your suggestion  :) 

@obtusity
I can confirm that this is not the case. At first that's what I thought too, and I pressed the "place order" button on the affinity page once again.
However, this just sends me back to the paypal confirmation page once again, and after it finishes I'm being taken back to the affinity order page again.

It's like being in an infinite loop  :huh:

I just feel weird because usually when the payment gets rejected, paypal will show a message on the seller's website informing the reason.
However, if no one else is getting through the same problem as me, I think there might be a problem with my paypal account?

I'll try emailing paypal and see their opinion.

Thank you for your suggestion  :)