Sign in to follow this  
Simon R

Export Photos

Hi,

I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Having completed my workflow and ready to export and save as a JPEG, I have noticed that the image that I have save has changed.

I had applied an Unsharp Mask Live Filter, inverted the image and used the Paint Brush Tool to bring out the detail to my Background Image, but when I flatten the document ready for export, I lose all the detail in the image created.

Am I doing something (or not) that is preventing the detail being retained, and if so, what are the alternatives.

Many Thanks

Simon R

Hi Simon R,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you seeing the image at 100% zoom in Affinity? Affinity Photo uses mipmaps - lower resolution versions of the image - to improve its performance when rendering images on screen at different zoom levels (lower than 100%). What you are probably seeing is the adjustment/edits being applied to one of these lower resolution versions depending on the zoom level. Once you export the image, the adjustments/filters etc are backed to the full resolution image instead thus the differences you are seeing between the image before being exported and after export. To prevent this and get an accurate "preview" of the adjustments/filters/edits make sure you are seeing/checking the image at 100% zoom or more to ensure they are being applied/previewed using the full resolution version.