DrFrnknstn

Outside tick marks on graphs in Affinity Designer

I'm trying to paste graphs from Excel into Affinity Designer, and when doing so the tick marks on the outside of the X and Y axes disappear in both pixel view modes. You can only see them when switching to "outline view mode". I cannot find any objects that could possibly be covering them up. Is there a quick solution for this that I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you please attach/link an excel file sample where this happens so we can take a look please?

Here's how to attach an image/file to a post just in case (you may have to zip the file first in case the PSD format in not supported).

If you don't want to post it publicly let me know and i will provide you a link to upload the file.

Thanks.

I've attached an excel file and a .afdesign file that contain a graph very similar to what I'm trying to work with. This graph shows the same problem of tick marks not being visible. I'm now noticing that the lines of the axes are also being cut, as though there is a white box over part of them. I cannot fine any object in the pasted graph that would do that. Thanks a ton!

Sample graph for Affinity Designer.zip

Sample graph for Affinity Designer.afdesign

Hi DrFrnknstn

By ticks I presume you mean the scale markers on the X and Y axis? We seem to not be reading this form the metafile we paste so I shall look this. In the meantime if you go to Edit > Paste Special, then paste as a PNG the graph should appear the same as it does in Excel

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com