You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Send to iPad / Send to Mac

Hello,

I think it would be cool that, having both applications (iOS and Mac), when you have something opened, you'd be able to transfer that file to the iPad app (and show some kind of lock screen on the file on Mac), work with it in the iPad and when you are done, "send" the file back and continue working on Mac. And viceversa. (Maybe via wifi or bluetooth if wifi not available).

It would improve a lot the workflow between platforms and It would be like working with a Wacom Cintiq, but with native app on iPad and not screen mirroring.

Thanks for reading :)

Hi mercro,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Photo currently doesn't support Hands Off functionality due to slow bluetooth speeds and the need to transmit large files between the apps. If Apple does add wifi to Hand Off we will enable this funcionality.

Oh, I did not even know about the Handoff function (I've been using mac for years but just got an iPad Pro), looks like a cool function. Wouldn't it be better to have it slow than not having the function? I mean, I sure wont mind changing 30 secs of AirDrop, editing, saving/moving again, AirDrop again, searching the file in downloads, overriding the file… etc. for 30 secs of doing nothing while waiting it to transfer.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for your fast answer, I love the app, now I'm loving the community  :D  :D