You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export all artboards to indvidual .png?

This seems like a trivial problem, but I can't seem to find the way AD does this. I have about 15 artboards that I want to export as individual .png files. I watched the demo and after a lengthy explanation of how to export .pdf, they never made it clear how to export other files. I thought the artboards themselves were my slices. But still can't figure out how this is exported as a group.

What am I missing?

I see that I can export them individually, but what a pain!

• Staff

Hi kloveridge,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You have to change to the Export Persona (third icon on the main toolbar on the top left of the interface), then go to the Slices panel on the right of the interface: there should be a slice already created for each artboard on your project (they are created automatically). You only have to adjust the file format options in the Export Options panel above if needed (by default they will be exported as PNG's) and press the Export Slices button on the bottom right of the Slices panel. Let me know if you still have trouble.

Yes, MEB beat me to it. :)

I've made a screenshot of the Slices panel for you. You can also add several formats and set different resolutions for each of them if you wish. The last, expanded slice in my example will output two PNG files, the first one will be 640 pixels wide, another one – 480.

post-53380-0-95312900-1497366009_thumb.png

regards,

Matt

Thanks so much for your help! I sat and stared at the UI for 20 minutes trying to see what to do. I think what threw me is it says "Layer Slices" and I assumed that was just the name of the layers panel. Just a newbie stumbling around a dark room still :(