You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What can designer do, photo can't?

I recently bought affinity photo and I'm really happy with it... but I was wondering if I should buy designer too.

So of course I looked it up but idk if it has any features photo hasn't.

Sorry if I'm completely wrong about that but I'm new to this stuff.

(And please don't advertise the program bc I'd not like to waste money ;) )

Thank you

• Staff

Hi Mauritz,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you only work with photo/images, Affinity Photo should be enough for you. If you also want an application for graphic/web/ui design (posters, logos, applications interfaces, web banners, web layout/design (visual only), flyers etc) and raster/vector illustration then Affinity Designer will complement Photo nicely. Here's some features you will find in Designer that are not present in Photo: symbols, artboards, constraints, text frames & text paths (meaning fill any shape with text & text-on-a-path), Transparency Tool etc.

I advise you to download a trial from our website to get a better idea of what it is able to do (scroll to the bottom of the page - the trial link is below the buy buttons). You may also want to check the Official Affinity Designer Video Tutorials to learn more about it.