Sign in to follow this  
Vivien Garcia

[AFPhoto] New layer from selection apply anormalous feather

Hi there

Perhaps I didn't understand something, but I get problems creating a new layer with from the content of a rectangular selection in a pixel layer by using cmd + J or copying into a new layer. No matter what, I get a feater effect applied on the newly created content, and part of my selection is missing. I suppose this is a bug, since my feather value is 0px.

Really annoying when trying to do pixel art or UI.

Now, pics or it didn't happen.

My selection:

post-38267-0-88716300-1497353946_thumb.png

What I get (I've hidden the layer below for legibility) :

post-38267-0-73768900-1497353953_thumb.png

Hi Vivien Garcia

I'm not able to replicate any unexpected behaviour. I may get a slight bit of aliasing dut to the seleciton being on partial pixels but thoughts about it. I notice what you are selecting is a gradient, perhaps it is the actual gradient you are seeing but this is difficult to tell form a screenshot. Are you able to provide an example file at all?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Meb

So, this is unbelievable. I checked the Force Pixel Alignment when working on my UI bits and it was active. And now, having nothing changed, it works! I can't even say that it's because I've restarted AFPhoto because I tried that before without success.

So, It looks like it works, but there is more to this bug, and somehow it sees to be related to this bug I had on AFDesigner http://bit.ly/2sivUvx, with visual glitches and positioning aberrations that disapeared relaunching the app. Not the same bugs, but the fact that relaunching the app seems to adress the problem is a consistency behavior I'm a lot more used on Windows than on OS X, which is pretty bad.

At least, thanks @Meb and @Chris_K for helping me. Sorry I didn't saw your posts earlier, here is the file I was working on, perhaps it'll help the staff to understand what's happenning:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1658815/Screen%20Shot%202017-06-13%20at%2012.37.01.afphoto

I have something similar happening occasionally.  If I have a selection and then create a mask, it sometimes has all this spurious stuff that should be excluded show as not excluded, and sometimes its square/rectangular blocks.  See my post earlier today.