Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the performance of Affinity Designer using only a CPU.

Working with large and complex files, really slows down my AD and im wondering if a graphics card would solve that problem, so I thought maybe i ask you guys here with more experience.

My current specs are the following:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Intel i7-7700 @ 3.60 GHz

32GB RAM

AD Version 1.5.3.69

So my AD is currently running only over the CPU and I thought maybe adding a GPU would increase the performance but after reading some topics in this forum I became a bit sceptical if this would improve my performance. Is it true that a GPU would only have a little impact on my experience? Or are these problems generally existent in the windows version?

Unfortunatly I can't provide a example file due to corporate privacy guidelines. 

In this post  The developers discuss how our apps make use of your machine's CPU & GPU it start about dual cards on a Mac but the Windows version works the same way when moving data around as the Mac version

The GPU is hardly used (unfortunatly), also RAM is not a big issue.

AMD FX-8350 > 4GHz

RAM 16 GB 1866 MHz

Radeon R9 280 3GB

On a very heavy processing (loads of live filters with masks) of a night sky milky way shoot the export of the 16 MP file took about 2 mins, while RAM was at max. 2 GB and GPU was idle (export does not at all use the GPU, which is really not something great).