You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sizing ellipses

See the attached file.

Ellipse proportions.afdesign

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

jackamus, I think that AD could leapfrog Adobe and others by including a killer template/ruler tool for building shapes from user- geometry. There are some really great apps coming out for iPad which do this, most notably the excellent Concepts app. Check out some of their videos, really interesting toolset. Of course it's a touch based app, so the tools are different, but these could be adapted for the multitude of wacom-style tablet users on the Mac...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

That sounds very interesting Ronny do you have a link to these demos?

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Jackamus, here is their main website: http://concepts.tophatch.com, they refer to it in the Intuitively Precise section. Here's another video of it in process

If you have an iPad, it's really worth it to get the Pro upgrade to the free download. You can tell it was designed by an artist/designer, and I mean that in the good sense of the expression. 

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

Hi Ronny,

Thanks for the link and it certainly is very clever.

I don't have an iPad and I'm very happy using touch pads. If I had a laptop I would have a separate keyboard and mouse.

I'm hoping to get the latest iMac this year and get rid of my two monitors.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Yeah, those retina iMacs are looking sweeeeet! I have a separate keyboard and mouse, as well as my Wacom which is pressure sensitive and touch enabled. I really enjoy using different input devices through-out the design process, it helps break up the usual physical monotony of being in front of the computer. I think there is a huge opportunity to exploit these multiple input devices for tools like french curves, etc. I talk about it a bit more here.