You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When using Straighten in Crop, the grid appears in Portrait orientation and the top node where you can actually rotate the image is off-screen.  It's unhandy and a right royal pain to have to drag the grid down every time!  Why not use the Straighten tool instead?  Because Rotate is faster and easier if you have a good eye for level.  At least, it would be faster and easier if you didn't have to go chasing the grid every time.  Could this please be fixed to fit both the size and orientation of the image like it is when simply doing a crop?

• Staff

Hi LilleG,

I'm not sure if I understand your issue completely but the Rotate button in the Crop Tool isn't its own tool it just rotates the Crop Grid clicking Rotate a second time should solve your issue.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum,

Thanks for the help. Your answer is half-right. :)  Clicking the Rotate button...in the Crop tool...a second time changes the orientation from Portrait to Landscape.  A neat function that I was unaware of. That solves the issue I was having.  However, Rotate in the Crop tool acts the same way in iOS as it did in OS. Put your cursor above the center top node and you can manually rotate the image (not the grid) to the desired angle.  Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?