ShadowCodex

Opening Raw Files from iCloud or Google Drive

Hello there, I've been playing with affinity photo for iPad and have noticed that I am unable to open my .NEF files from either iCloud or Google Drive. However I am able to open them from Amazon Cloud Drive.

I figured that iCloud opening of .NEF files would have native support.

Beyond that I can't open RAW files for use in an HDR merge, so to do an HDR I have to do the following.

1. Move RAW files to Amazon Cloud drive.

2. Open each up individually with import from cloud

3. Save out as JPEG or some other format

4. Open new HDR Merge

Seems a bit cumbersome...

I'm just really curious why I can't open .NEF files from iCloud. They are all greyed out.

Hi ShadowCodex

I'm not able to open any non standard image format form google drive but i believe this is more due to Google drive API. I am able to open NEF files without issue from iCloud drive. Is it stored in any particular folders or anything that may restrict access?

The inability to use RAW files in HDR merge is a known issue

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

The NEF File is in the root iCloud folder. So should not be any access restriction.

I'd love to use iCloud drive as Amazon's sync is screwed up beyond belief...

**EDIT:** It seems my workflow for copying NEF files over to icloud from google drive killed the file extensions... So it was not seen as an NEF file...

Fixed extension and now it sees and opens it from iCloud.

Dumb.