You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tablet update for windows?

I mainly like to work on a surface for photo editing thanks to the great screen, pen input and touchscreen. I think a lot of people also like surface as a photo editing machine.

After seeing the Ipad version of Affinity photo it left me a bit wanting of the traditional desktop UI on devices like the surface however. It is a great UI experience when using the device in laptop/desktop mode, but when you want the paint with the pen for example, the experience turns bad quickly. I allready struggled with the fact that touch input is seen as the same as a mouse click instead of panning the canvas, so using the touchscreen as a main navigation tool is not that intuïtive, but after seeing the Ipad version, a lot more things pop out to me like "damn that's a good idea, I wish my surface could do that".

I was wondering if Windows 10's tablet mode could be more integrated with the application, like switching to the Ipads UI when tablet mode is activated, so that editing on a device like the surface is a lot more comfortable. This would mean that someone could just flip the keyboard and work in the document with a UI tailored for tablets, and flip it back to tablet mode when wants a more desktop like experience.

Are there plans to implement such features into the desktop app? Or is there a touch based UWP app in the works?

I was really blown away in how good the Ipad UI actually is, and I really think a more integrated experience into Windows' built in tablet mode will help a lot of people in their workflow.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...