You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple announcement

In the Apple announcement last week when they got down to Photos they stated that there would be enhanced access to 3d party processing systems (go out to editing system, perform edit and return of the edited photo to Photos). They specifically used Pixelmator as an example. Will Affinity be available to the same degree? I currently own Affinity  use "Extensions" to get into a limited set of Affinity tools and have the altered photo returned  automatically to Photos. I would like automatic access and return using The full Affinity tool set.

• Staff

Hi Fred,

Our existing Mac Photos extensions include Edit in Affinity Photo, which will open the image in the main app to allow you to make adjustments using all of it's available features. A similar feature is planned for iPad Photos

Great, this is what I need. It would be fantastic if Affinity Photo on the iPad can work in exactly the same way as on Photos on my Mac.

What I do now in the field is copy my images from the camera into my camera roll on my iPad. They then get copied automatically, with edits, to my main computer at home. To be able to use Affinity Photo to edit on the iPad and be able to tweak those edits on the Mac, keep the history, etc, without any complicated duplicating or saving would be great.

360° HDR Panoramic Tours - www.fachwen.org

@KeithRobertson on Twitter