Sign in to follow this  
LeviA

Is there a way to type on a path/have objects follow along a path in Affinity Designer

Levi, you can use the Text on a Path function.  Simply draw the path you want the text to follow.  Then select the Artistic Text tool, hover over the path drawn, the cursor will become a T with a tilde (wavy line) below it, then click.  Then you'll be able to type your C's or use the OSX Character Viewer to select the star you want.  You can copy paste as many as you want.

Hope that helps.

Mike

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Hi LeviA,

As indicated by Gear maker, the text tool allows a letter or text to follow a curve.

For a star, you can draw your star and make it into a brush. It is then enough to draw the curve that the stars must follow, then to choose the brush that you have just created and apply it to the curve.

I hope this can help.

post-37692-0-69090800-1497299392_thumb.png

The problem with using a brush is that the shape gets distorted as it follows the curve. You might get better results by typing with a dingbats font.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Alfred,

It is true that the curves must be gentle to keep the integrity of the shapes.

I had not thought about the dingbats fonts! That's why I'm using this forum, I learn something every day! :)

Thanks

Don't for get that if you want to type along an existing path you need to duplicate that path first. I have been caught out on this several times!

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630