You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Looking to upgrdade my graphics card, and seeking to establish which cards are compatible with Affinity that will offer a 10-bpp display.  I know Photoshop has a real compatibility issue regards displaying in full colour 10-bits per pixel with anything other than Quadro or Firepro cards which are a tad expensive if you want one capable of running the odd game or two. 

I am looking at something like the RX580, or the GTX 1060 - both of which I understand offer full 10-bit displays.  Neither of them will offer 10-bit in Photoshop.  Question is, will they offer 10-bpp in Affinity?

Does Affinity actually have a list of 'recommended / supported' cards?

i5 4670

16GB Hyperx Fury (possibly looking to bump this up to 32 in the near future)

GA-Z87 Motherboard

XFX GA 7870 Graphics card 2GB [which will be replaced imminently!]

Dell Ultrasharp UP2516D 2560x1440 [100% Adobe RGB, 100% sRGB]

Thanks in advance,

• Staff

The Affinity uses DirectX 11 so it can display 10 bit images but you will need a video card that supports enhanced HDR such as a Nvidia Pascal chipset or a AMD running Deep Colour and a 4K monitor to display the increased bandwidth, this hardware is also able to display 12 bit images.