Sign in to follow this  
Kronpano

Panorama lighting looks fine in live preview but export has a seam

I am using the trial version of Affinity photo trying to post-process a 360 equirectangular panorama.

Some areas are a bit to dark so I added a couple of live lighting filters - one of them "pointing" towards the seam of the image.

The Live equirectangular projection in Affinity Photo (v 1.5.2.69) shows no seam and the lighting seems to work BUT when I actually export the image the seam is visible.

Either I am doing something wrong when exporting - like missing a 360 option somewhere - or there might be something wrong in the program???

Can't post the project since it is using a tiff as input and is about 600MB but the two attached images should show the problem.

Cheers

post-61851-0-58530600-1497275552_thumb.jpg

post-61851-0-23034400-1497275554_thumb.jpg

OK, I have done a bit more playing and it seems that the Live Filter Layers are not actually applied to the equirectangular image - they just stay in their positions.
I tried it with a dark panorama and added a lighting filter - basically a spotlight going over image seam.
When using the live projection I can only select the background - NOT the lighting - and if I do so the "spot" stays in the same position in the live projection but the image can be rotated around.

So it seems I have been trying to do something that is not possible???

Hi Kronpano

Filters only being applied to what is in view for a projection is a known issue. I don't know enough about the projection to say when this should be possible or not, but i know the team are aware of it

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

It is not only filters - the tonemapping person creates seams in 360 panoramas as well  :( and that is a real shame!!!
Was really looking forward to using a tonmapped panorama as a layer to add a bit of local contrast and so on but with the seam in the tonemapped image that is a no-go.

Any idea if the tonemap persona will support 360 panoramas in the future???