I have been using Affinity photo for a while now and its been great! All of a sudden a few days ago its started crashing when I try to export both on Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer so I can't export anything do a different file. I need help with this ASAP as I use this for my work often. I have a MacBook Pro 2016 touch bar v10.12.5. I am running Affinity 1.5.2. I'm pasting top lines from error report if it helps.

Process:               Affinity Photo [706]

Path:                  /Applications/Affinity Photo.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Photo
Identifier:            com.seriflabs.affinityphoto
Version:               1.5.2 (1.5.3)
App Item ID:           824183456
App External ID:       821350282
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Affinity Photo [706]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-06-12 07:58:44.840 -0400
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.5 (16F73)
Report Version:        12

Time Awake Since Boot: 920 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00007fff5b522ff8
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x7fff5b522ff8:
    MALLOC_SMALL           00007fee19721000-00007fee19800000 [  892K] rw-/rwx SM=ZER  
--> STACK GUARD            00007fff57d23000-00007fff5b523000 [ 56.0M] ---/rwx SM=NUL  stack guard for thread 0
    Stack                  00007fff5b523000-00007fff5bd23000 [ 8192K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  thread 0

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff8583b91c CFStorageGetValueAtIndex + 12
1   com.apple.UIFoundation         0x00007fff98558faf -[NSLayoutManager(NSPrivate) _recalculateUsageForTextContainerAtIndex:] 

Hi hardawayjc,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Do you remember what were you doing at the time of the crash? Is this happening with all files or just a specific one? If so can you attach/link it to your post?

Please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application, then press Clear form the dialog that will open to reset the app. This should allow you to export the files and continue your work. If it still crashes after the reset let us know.

H deedknerr,

Can you please attach/link the psd file you are having trouble with so we can take a look please?

Here's how to attach an image/file to a post just in case (you may have to zip the file first in case the PSD format in not supported).

Thanks.

Hi there!

I have a similar problem. I'm using version 1.6.0 and the app is crashing when I try to export. The box opens and if I switch the tab to PDF or SVG it crashes after two seconds. I can not export my file.

Can I show you my file in hope that you can tell me whats going on there?

Its a huge problem as I'm preparing things that have to be printed soon :(

Hi There to you too,

Seems I have exactly the same issue. VERY annoying!!!

After I completely reset the app, I can get to the export page and export a blank page, so the reset worked.

I then reloaded the attached file. Just trying to bing up the export dialog will crash Affinity Designer with a SIGSEGV!! I am trying to export as PDF.

Crash report is also attached.

Let me know how I can file a bug report if that is needed on top of this forum reply.

Non_inverting_amp.afdesign

crash.txt

Hi There again,

Just after I pushed Submit, I got a note from "App Store" that a new version, 1.6.1 of Affinity Designer was available. I immediately installed it.

Behavior is now slightly different. The program no longer crashes on bringing up the dialog box, and I could export OK to a PNG file. However, exporting to PDF results in an error. Not a full crash this time. 

The issue seems to be the embedded outline fonts that I pasted into the graphic. Without that formula (generated with LaTexIt), the file saves as a PDF.

Hi Mau,

There's a corrupted text object in the file - which is the first text object/layer labelled (<latexit->sha1_base64=qBd). Delete it and the file will export correctly.

Hi Pluto1010,

I'm sorry the delay getting back to you. Are you still having trouble exporting your file to PDF? If so please launch the app with (ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents and Reset Studio. Leave only Clear User Defaults checked then press Clear.  Then try export the file again. If you still have issues exporting after the reset can you please upload the file using this link so we can take a look?

Using App Store Version 1.6.1 I always get a crash either exporting to PDF or if I open a PDF. App has become unusable.

Running on 15" Macbook Pro 2017 on 10.13.3

Attached the PDF that crashes AFD and AFP either by drag and drop or by using open

Hi ejrb,

Thanks for the file. It's also crashing both apps here. I've logged the issue and passed your file to the dev team.

Note: I've removed your attachment for privacy reasons (I don't know if the data on the PDF was from a real person or not so i decided to remove it).